Thursday, July 21, 2022

To Darby Day 5: Hospital

With only 2 miles left to the highway I tripped fell and cut my forehead. 

I landed on my forehead. Nothing broke my fall. It bled profusely and I put a bandaid on it and kept going. 

I got a ride from highway 43 to highway 93 from the guy who camped near me. He said he enjoyed my mandolin playing last night. 

I got a second hitch from a sort of scary guy all the way to Darby. He turned out to be very kind. He had actually passed by and turned around to offer the ride. He thought I needed help. It was 31 miles to Darby and he wouldn’t accept any gas money. 

I went to the grocery store after having breakfast to get something for my wound. It began bleeding again so I decided I should go to the health clinic instead. But the clinic was closed. So I hitchhiked to the hospital in Hamilton. I got a ride by a nice middle class couple. 



They glued my forehead back together after properly washing it clean. Then I hitchhiked back to Darby and stayed at the RV park. Darby was a nice town to stay at. I only stayed one night but I lingered and did not head back to the trail until the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment