Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Made it to Leadore, Idaho

It took me 6 hiking days, the first day only 5 miles, to get to Bannock Pass at mile 738.9. Bannock Pass was the access point for Leadore. If I can, I’ll try to do individual days’ posts with pictures but I may not be able to.

This last section was very hard. I felt weaker and weaker every day. I rest stepped up every hill. They don’t ever feel easier, only harder. I may have been suffering a lack of electrolytes. I don’t really have hiker hunger. It’s hard to sleep some nights because my legs and feet hurt and won’t relax  

I fear the next section which starts in barren sage scrub with no shade and takes you to 10,000 feet in 10 miles. Will I make it?

The trouble with the trail towns and places I’ve stayed is a lack of WIFi. I either have none at all or it is weak or insecure and so it makes it hard to upload pictures or video. I don’t expect things to improve. 

Here are a few pictures. 







No comments:

Post a Comment