Thursday, November 25, 2010

Latest homemade shoes

I made these white felt and leather moccasins. They are very ugly, but they look somewhat decent when worn.
White felt moccains

I also resoled a pair of old sandals I had. I had brought these to a cobbler once and asked if they could replace the sole and flatten them. They told me that removing the heel would make it impossible to walk. They said they'd be very uncomfortable. So I decided to do it myself.

I turned these:
sandals before resoling


Into these:
sandals after resoling


I have to say that they are so much more comfortable now. They feel like I always wanted them to feel but they never did. They are flexible and protective. I finally have a pair of simple sport sandals that fit well and feel good.

I'm so inspired now by the idea of hacking my shoes rather than trying to make them. I am wondering what else in my closet I can hack and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment