Friday, March 18, 2011
Fancy moccasin failure
My attempt to make a pair of fancy moccasin boots was an abject failure. I should have quit while I was ahead and stuck with my patterns from Simple Shoemaking. The shoes I made with the patterns came out well. At least the ones that came out at all came out well. My plan now is when they wear out, I will take them apart and make patterns from them. I'll have to do that because of the modifications I did over time to make them fit. They fit perfectly now but are different from the original pattern. Perhaps I can make a fancy moccasin boot by modifying the pattern.