Saturday, August 06, 2022

Zero day in Lima, August 1

Not a lot to say about zero days. It was my first one. I ate a big steak at The Peat which was a cool place. Kind of like Pozo Saloon or Cold Spring Tavern. That sort of historic bar and grill. I had a big breakfast of pancakes and pork katsu in the morning at Jan’s. Not sure that was the best thing to eat. 




It was supposedly the last day of a heat wave. There were clouds at times cooling things off a little, even some sprinkles. 

I got my resupply but missed the closing of the post office so I couldn’t send anything home. 


I met a NOBO lady who said the trail ahead would start with the steep ups and downs, then the climbing around Targhee Pass would be more normal and then going into West Yellowstone the trail is level. This appeals to me. Maybe I can keep my mandolin and puffy jacket and not try to run to the PO tomorrow to send them home. 

The scab and super glue on my forehead finally came off. 

One of the hikers asked the locals at the gas station if they knew anyone who would sell him some steaks. They found someone who sold him a huge pile of steaks and other hikers contributed charcoal for the grill, salad, rice, and I contributed garlic bread. We had a feast eating it in the parking lot and common areas of the motel. It was tender and delicious and really revived me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment