Friday, November 11, 2011

$70 bucks and a new plan

70 bucks and a new plan
$70 of food again. There's swiss chard, black kale, portabello mushrooms, two cartons of pastured eggs, a whole bunch of grass-fed beef, sausage, bacon, bleu cheese, coffee and a bunch of Trader Joe's products for The Man.

I got all this meat, eggs, veggies and junk food from the IV Food Coop and Trader Joe's. My new plan is to eat the meat and veggies I like and serve The Man the Trader Joe's junk food he likes. More meat for me and way cheaper overall, not to mention WAY cheaper than the farmer's market. Since we take turns cooking, this food ought to last possibly 1.5 - 2 weeks. There's still some left of the other $70 I purchased last time, too.

As far as this low carb diet thing is going, well, 6 weeks and no weight loss seems pretty unfair. So now I'm trying to eat only once a day when possible to see if that helps. It's nice to be able to go 24 hours without eating and not feel like I'm going to die. It's 12:30pm right now and the last time I ate anything (besides coffee this morning) was around 6:30 last night when I went to the opening of the new REI in Santa Barbara. They had hors d'oeuvre. I had some chicken skewers. I feel fine right now.

If I eat once a day, even if only a couple times a week, that will save a lot of money, too.


I think I'll go for a hike right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment