Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday's food diary

I have no idea if I'm doing this low carb thing right. I'm only 5'3" tall. I'm female and 46 years old. I sit at a computer all day but try to get a little exercise every day. Do I eat too much or not enough? I'm keeping this photo diary so that I can eventually find someone to ask and not have whoever that is accuse me of cheating or leaving anything out. See for yourself. I have lost some weight, but not very much. They say to just eat to satiety and eat when you are hungry. But I've always had the ability to eat a lot more than I should and I have no idea if eating to satiety and eating when I'm hungry is adequate to lose weight. I should lose probably 30-40lbs if I had my way.
Friday Breakfast
Breakfast was 3 eggs cooked pretty hard (by accident) over swiss chard and onions fried in butter. A big blob of sour cream. I was really hungry when I woke up. Last night's dinner was not enough food or not enough fat, not sure which.
Coffee
I'm showing this picture from the other day. Today was "goodie day" where someone in our group brings breakfast for everybody. I passed on the breakfast. I was not hungry anyway, but if I was, there wouldn't have been anything I could eat. That's a first because usually someone brings eggs of some sort. I had a cup of coffee with half-and-half instead and just enjoyed the company. It wasn't decaf this time.
Sea birds at UCSB lagoon
I had absolutely no energy to go running at lunch. It was a beautiful day so I took a nice walk around the lagoon. It wasn't a particularly brisk walk, but I usually walk fast no matter what anyway. I love the sea birds I see around the lagoon.
Friday snack
I was really super hungry in the afternoon. There's nothing on campus I can snack on except for hard boiled eggs. I felt like I'd had enough eggs. I was going to wait it out until dinner but my 'boss' (not really my boss) suggested going home early because it was such a beautiful day. When I got home, I made this un-assembled guacamole: an avocado with sour cream and salsa not mixed together. I ate this out on the back deck in what was left of a nice warm afternoon. The Man teased me for putting fat on top of my fatty avocados but he eats his guacamole with half a pound of corn chips so, yeah, whatever.
Friday dinner
I wasn't very hungry for dinner after my guacamole, but I ate it anyway. I made thin-sliced milanesa steak and vegetables with coconut milk and Thai Kitchen red curry paste. Lots of cilantro on top. I sometimes think cilantro is really a vegetable, not a seasoning. The Man got rice with his. I just ate mine in a bowl with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment