Thursday, April 07, 2011

Interview number one tomorrow

I will probably have a phone interview tomorrow for the job in Washington. I'm not sure I want to live in Washington but what can I do anymore? There are no jobs in Santa Barbara. The Man is sad that I am looking at jobs out of the area. He says snarky things about how I don't have a good job and so now I'm looking for one and he's not quite understanding of the fact that there are no jobs in Santa Barbara. So he's both sad and snarky at the same time. How am I supposed to deal with that?

I guess posting a resume on a big job web site was not a good idea. I have been plagued by recruiters. I swear a sweatshop in India has me in their system now. I took all my contact info off my resume. I'm not sure I want to respond to anymore. I feel like a piece of meat covered in flies.

I really wish I could fade away right now. I am walking around in a funk thinking about how I will have to suck it up for at least 5-7 years to get my couple hundred grand saved up. How can I smile and pretend and play the careerism game for so much longer? I'm not sure I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment