Friday, April 10, 2009

Stick Pic


I made myself a homemade Stick Pic, a little doodad to attach to the end of my trekking pole and screw into my camera tripod mount in order to take pictures of myself. I made it from 1/2" adjustable clips intended to hold wire bundles together. Seems to work ok.

I drilled a hole through the plastic in the center of the clipping part and through the wall mount. This was not easy as it was hard to hold the thing while I drilled it. Then I screwed in a set screw. I wonder, as I screw the camera into it each time, if I'll end up driving the set screw further and further into the plastic. Time will tell.

I don't know how long it will last, but I can make a few and put the extras in my bounce box.

Meanwhile, two more pairs of shoes have arrived. I have 4 pair now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Piper,
    I admire your creativity with the homemade StickPic.

    I encourage everybody to DIY if at all possible. It's great to recyle and good for the enviorment.

    If you ever need any help with your DIY StickPic, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm there for you.

    Rod
    aka SierraShade
    www.thestickpic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My homemade stick pick ended up not working. I guess once you open and close it enough times, it doesn't want to stay closed anymore.

    I bought one of yours at the kick off. Works much better!

    ReplyDelete