Wednesday, April 08, 2009

New shoes

I've ordered two more pairs of Brooks Cascadia II shoes. They are closeouts. I'm going to be very happy to have them. Once they arrive I will have 3 brand new pairs of them and one used pair. I hope this will see me through the PCT. I used them on the Sisquoc last week and was in love with them. The perfect shoe for me.

Yesterday when I went to my class I found myself walking down the stairs the same way I walked down the hills on my hike. Knees bent, hips low, fast walking. Fast walking everywhere. I don't know if it's the vitamins I have been taking or I'm still enjoying the power of the pork products I consumed on my last night on the Sisquoc, but man I feel so healthy and strong lately.

I just received my PCT2008 video in the mail. It made me so homesick and so excited and so sad for all the wonderful friends I made and don't even know their real names. I can't wait to get back out there. Hiking the PCT is The Right Thing To Do.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my database and Unix classes. I really like computers. I like it when they get into the complicated stuff, the ones and zeros, the bits and bytes. I wish I was smarter and could understand it better, but I enjoy it anyway. When I return from the PCT I want to continue studying databases. It feels like another right thing to do. There's creativity in computers. I wish I had known that when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment