Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The 66 year old goat lady

I found the LA Times article about the 66 year old goat lady who hiked the PCT and lived off Social Security in her van with her goat. I used to have this up in my cubicle as my future retirement plan. I mentioned this in my book.

I don't think I would want to live in a van with a goat. They are pretty smelly. But I would not mind the rest of her life.

It's too bad the article does not have the pictures that went with it. But it's nice to find the article. I wonder if the woman completed her second attempt and if she went on to hike a third time or more. I wonder where she is now.

I found a 2 more articles about her:
  • http://classic.mountainzone.com/hike/sandrajohnson/
  • http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19911010&slug=1310159

2 comments:

  1. Piper,
    FYI. It's a misconception that all goats stink. It's the bucks that smell bad. Does and wethers don't have a strong smell at all. Some dogs smell a lot worse.
    karmadillo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good to know. I don't think I'd want a stinky dog in my van, either.

    ReplyDelete