Thursday, October 09, 2008

Piper returns to the PCT

Piper returns to the PCT. Now as a section hiker.

This weekend I will be hiking a small section of the PCT from Walker Pass to Canebrake Road. It was a tough section and this time around I will not be in as good shape as I was and I won't be acclimatized to the elevation. But I won't be putting in any 13 hour, 23 mile days, either.

I plan to bring some fruit to provide a little trail angeling to any sobos along the trail. I hope we meet some. This could be the time of year that south bounders come through.

I will be bringing my full-sized sleeping bag, not my quilt. Nighttime temps at the 5000 foot level are projected to be in the upper 20s and low 30s. I will need the extra feathers.

I'll be hiking with two people I have never met, too, which should be interesting. I've met them through the PCT list but not in person. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. You might find Tailwinds summary introspective pages looking back on her "completed" PCT hike
    interesting....check out her journal online.

    ReplyDelete