Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not Leave No Trace

This post has got the current crop of PCT hikers up in arms. Muffin frisbee. Tossing your food off the side of the trail because it's too heavy.

Not all hikers will go to ANY length, including polluting the environment and attracting nuisance animals to the trail, to shed pack weight. If it were me, I would continue to carry the food until I either ate it or could dispose of it in a more environmentally sound manner.

This poor woman is going to feel really bad when she finds out the controversy she has caused by her actions.

Now I really am starting to worry about what conditions I'll find after the herd has gone through and left a wasteland of toilet paper under every rock and plastic water bottles everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment