The way it works is it will do an XMLHTTP request on the Next Blog button URL. Then it will evaluate the responseText to determine if it meets a number of conditions that I have found bad blogs to have, such as:
- Hidden Blogger navbar
- Nasty words
- Annoying used-car-salesman-like shopping-related words
- Words related to drugs
- Words related to cell phones
To ensure the next blog is the one I evaluated, I change the link on the next blog button to the actual blogspot URL.
Other features are I display what bad-blog criteria the next blog met so I can compare domain names to how they match my bad blog terms. And I turn the next blog button red and make it say "Caution! Nasty blog coming up!" or something like that for added fun.
This seems to be quite helpful so far.