Friday, November 23, 2007

International No Shopping Day

Apparently today is International No Shopping Day. Perhaps I will go downtown to see if there are any people not shopping.

I might actually do my shopping today. As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be shopping at Heifer International. This would seem appropriate to go along with the alternative theme of No Shopping Day, which is What Would Jesus Buy?

Well, Jesus believed it was the end of the world and probably wouldn't even have bought sheep for the poor, but if pressed by a culture of consumption, I think he'd err on the side of sheep over HDTVs or other such crap.

Anyway, it's a lovely day. My stomach still hurts a little from our eating spree last night. We had a surprise invitation for dinner with our neighbors. They had the full Thanksgiving spread. It was delicious. How fortunate we were! We weren't even going to have a turkey of our own. I was going to make tuna steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment