Monday, October 10, 2011

Went to the Fiddler's Convention

I had a nice time at the Old Time Fiddler's Convention yesterday. I seem to be getting lucky with my intonation lately, hitting notes that actually sound like notes. I took a workshop at the convention. The instructor told us up, down, up, down, up up etc with the bow. I am a ditz when it comes to that. I couldn't follow very well. I'd always end up going down when I was supposed to go up.

I saw the others from the Irish session I used to go to. I guess I'm done with Irish sessions. The difference between Irish and Old Time is that if you can't play the tunes well in an Irish session, they want you not to play. At the Old Time jam, I sometimes get heckled for not playing. Not knowing the tune is no excuse.

The weather lately has been achingly perfect. It was hot in the sun yesterday and the air was clear and the mountains looked close. This morning it is foggy. Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment