Sunday, June 13, 2010

Easy hike today

I led a Sierra Club hike today. It was a relatively easy hike, only about 3.5 miles round trip. We were home by 12:30 p.m.

I think maybe leading easy hikes is the key to having a better experience. I have always led the super strenuous hikes that I personally enjoy. But even with all kinds of warnings in my hike write-ups, people would show up without water, without appropriate footwear or gear and complain when I'd tell them we wouldn't return home until late in the afternoon. On my easy hike, I didn't have to worry about any of that.

Even nicer, The Man with his sprained ankle was able to come. He served as my sweep. He felt good to be back on the trail.

I need to hike more, walk more, get more exercise. I've gained back all the weight I lost on my thru-hike last year and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment