Saturday, May 09, 2009

Restless worries

These last few weeks before I set off on the completion of my journey are proving to be difficult.

I'm quite bored. I feel a restlessness inside not so much for hitting the trail as for getting a job. I should be employed and productive, but I'm not. And what am I planning to do? Recreate. This seems irresponsible. Didn't I already have my chance at this? Haven't I recreated enough? Add to these feelings the meta-worry that maybe I will continue to feel this way while hiking thus jeopardizing my chance at completing the trail. And if I don't finish the trail, then what? Go on forever with a lingering, niggling unfinished goal, a dream unrealized?

I wish I was not such a worry wort. I must continue. I must finish.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Piper. There are many of us "watching" and cheering you on! You can do it! Stay focused on your dream! Maybe leave early??

    ReplyDelete