Saturday, May 02, 2009

I think my start date will be May 24 or May 25.

May 24 is a Sunday. But it might be easier to say good-bye to Tony on May 25, which is a Monday.

Laces thought I ought not to take the bus in Santa Barbara to get to the trailhead. She thought I should walk the whole way through Santa Barbara. She's the proud owner of an imaginary ball of twine she unwound all the way from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. Perhaps she's encouraging me to unwind my own ball of yarn.

Part of me feels I don't have what it takes to do that. Part of me thinks I'm not dreaming big enough and that's why I have decided to return. I am going to keep things open and let them unfold. Perhaps starting without the bus holds the possibility of things unfolding differently than they would if I did take the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment