Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lots of hiking coming up

I had fun last weekend on a car-camping/hiking trip with Tony. We explored part of my route to the PCT. Some of it was in good condition. Some of it no longer exists. I have to forge a new route. Looks like there will be a lot of arduous road walking.

This weekend I'm going to hike in to Southfork Station with the Volunteer Wilderness Rangers, do some kind of volunteer work which I do not know, then a week later Tony and our friend Paul will hike in and the three of us will do the Sisquoc loop together.

That means I'll be out in the wilderness for 10 days in a row. That's a long time without a resupply. My food weighs more than my gear and my pack fits horribly with so much weight. I'm not too sure about this ultralight pack. I hope the weather will be good the whole time.

Meanwhile, I made a sunshade for my backpack. It's going to be really hot walking all those roads around I5 and Highway 138 around the beginning of June. I don't think I will try it out on our trip. Maybe on some day hikes. It looks like a big silver hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment