- Do some career exploration
- Reduce consumption of material things
- Go backpacking more
1) It may turn out that my career is just right for me. After all, we make an environmentally beneficial product and it's a good company. I just feel a little overwhelmed by spending so much time on the computer.
2) I'm going to purchase fewer new clothes, even fewer used clothes. I'm going to try to live more simply if I can. I already live pretty simply.
3) I haven't been backpacking in a long time. And with my favorite places closed and all burned up, this can be a little difficult. But the fact is that I have a chance to go backpacking every weekend so why not do it? I've still got good places I can go. I could go to Blue Canyon. I can go and get away from stressful things in my home life.
I just returned from a trip to New York. I have decided that I don't like the kind of travel that has you flying in planes and staying in hotels. It's just too stressful and too corporate. And too wasteful. Backpacking makes me feel alive and reminds me of the true meaning of being human. I need to do more of it. No need to go to the far reaches of the Earth to have an adventure. It's all right here in my beautiful backcountry.